Sunday, September 7, 2008

My cosmic question for the blog universe today is: when did couches become so sacred?
I know so many moms who have a rule about no jumping on the couch or no playing with the couch cushions. I think couch cushions are great toys - the best building blocks ever. How did we go from being a society who lived in little cabins with dirt floors and mats to sleep on, to people who spend thousands of dollars on furniture that has to be guarded constantly? Personally, I am quite happy with my second-hand couch, even though it has acquired a few stains here and there, it is perfect for us. There are enough things that I have to say "no" to.... Anyway, I am just going on record to say that playing with the couch cushions is OK in my book - here's to my active, creative kids.

1 comment:

barefootmommy said...

amen to that! however, i have been known to vaccillate on my couch climbing rules. when kids are standing on top of the couch when we're supposed to read stories, that's where i draw the line!
cute kiddos!