Thursday, September 4, 2008

Kinder

I shouldn't have tried to create my first blog this late in the evening, when my creative juices have gone down the drain and my lower back is sore from this desk chair. However, I have hope that tomorrow I will learn more about editing this blog page.
For now, I am rejoicing in the fact that my son and daughter are fast asleep and this is my very own time. This is why I can't go to sleep until I enjoy the peace. The quiet that comes when I am the only one awake at night is a treasure, and I pay dearly for it with lack of sleep.
Today was the first full day of Kindergarten, and my son was amazing this morning as he got ready to go and meet the bus for the first time. He is growing up! His teacher calls him "your Kinder" and refers to the group of students as "Kinders", which is a new term for me. I asked him what he liked best at school today, and he said crafts, but when I asked him what they made, he just shrugged. Maybe it was the picture of the frog in his binder, very thoroughly colored green. I think he is trying hard to please his new teacher, and is off to a good start.

1 comment:

barefootmommy said...

hi wendy!
Good job on your first blog post. I like reading it this way, and i think your family would, especially if you post pics of the kids within the posts. maybe you can post pics from the first days of kindergarten and preschool. you just click on the little icon that looks like a photo to add a photo within the post. i don't know how to make the top picture better.