Wednesday, November 12, 2008

No More Guilt


At least for the day, I am determined that guilt shall be banished! Begone! As a mom, I feel that I have opportunities to succeed or fail at every step, and the sooner I think I am doing well, I fall flat on my face again. However, I am going to accept that for today, for this moment, I need to let it go and be real about how I feel. The guilt about all the things I have not accomplished today is the voice of the devil trying to drown out the sound of God's promises. God loves me, God gave me my children, God is working in me to help me have the love he wants me to have for each of my kids and my husband. I can not do anything to deserve his love or his patience, but I also can not do anything to lose the privilege of his grace and his forgiveness. Lord, I give you this day. Please grant my family the sleep they each need, healing where necessary, and a special blessing upon the sister of my heart and my friend, Angie. Bless and protect Angie's dad, hold him in your hand and cover him with your peace. Thank you Father, Amen.

No comments: